Digital Project Manager
We’re a design-led digital agency with a focus on e-commerce.
We help our clients tell their stories, sell their products and design their services. In the process, we turn our clients’ brands into digital leaders in their respective categories.
We’re on the path to becoming a leading e-commerce agency in North America by building on our portfolio of omni-channel clients with a focus on health and wellness, retail and apparel.
We work with big brands (Unilever, Kal Tire, London Drugs, Nature’s Path Foods, Sugoi, Alive Publishing Group, Genuine Health, Manitoba Harvest and many others) and have a great time doing it.
What we're looking for
An up-and-coming Project Manager, Producer, or Product Manager with a couple of years experience under their “PM belt”.
This Project Manager will be responsible for owning marketing and e-commerce websites from planning through to completion. Working collaboratively with the team and our clients to help envision the future state and then ensuring projects and the resulting sprints are planned, executed and delivered on time, within scope and on budget. This position will work closely within a cross functional team and report directly to the Director of Delivery.
What You’d be Doing
PROJECT PLANNING & MANAGEMENT
- Responsible for planning all operational aspects for new projects.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects, including:
- Allocate appropriate resources
- Review and update project schedules
- Manage project timelines and budgets
- Oversee and review work done by the project team
- Maintain project documentation
- Ensure projects are kept on track and completed within defined time and budget.
- Lead discussions with the internal and client team to gather, refine and define project requirements (business, user, content, technical).
- Work closely with the Director of Delivery and other key team leads to produce complex project estimates and statements of work.
- Monitor progress of projects to ensure they meet targets and client expectations.
- Ensure all stakeholders have a clear view of activities, milestones, costs, and risks at all times.
- Ensure the team is not over-scheduled on project tasks and have everything they need to work effectively and efficiently.
- Obtain approvals at all appropriate stages of strategy, creative and technical production.
- Facilitate presentation of milestones/deliverables to the client.
- Provide estimation and planning support for business development team.
- Be the primary point of contact for key client stakeholders for all day-to-day project communications.
- Play a key role scheduling and running stakeholder meetings.
- Be a leader – responsible for organizing and running sprint meetings and stand-ups for your project team.
- Establish and support positive relationships with teams and clients.
- Collaborate and communicate regularly with internal team leads on project resourcing, progress, and challenges.
- Meet with the Director of Delivery on a regular basis to provide updates on project status, flag any project / client issues.
Who we’re looking for
- 2+ years as a Project Manager, Product Manager or Producer in a digital agency environment.
- Proven examples of delivering multi-faceted digital projects.
- Experience of executing medium-large scale website projects or digital products
- E-commerce platform experience, with a solid understanding of the associated core technical considerations
- At ease working within a WordPress CMS; adding and editing content.
- Experience operating in an agile environment (in one way or another); standups, sprints, story pointing, you get it.
- A relevant degree and/or diploma.
- Capable of running projects independently, from planning to completion.
- Demonstrated organizational abilities, strong attention to detail.
- A multitasking pro with established skills and techniques to juggle a number of tasks or projects at any given time.
- Stellar communication skills – written and verbal.
- Expert at collaborating, understanding the challenges for all members of the team to bring about a justified solution.
- Able to confidently communicate ideas both internally and to clients.
- Play an active role in overseeing the output and quality control of work from designers and developers.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure, and adapt to unexpected changes within a project.
- Solution-oriented work, positive team player.
- Self motivated and ambitious individual with a desire to help us work smarter.
- Contribute to strategy discussions, bringing your own unique perspectives to solve complex problems.
- Experience working with key Project Management Tools:
- Trello (or similar; JIRA, Asana etc)
- Gantt chart project plans
- Project planning and time tracking software
- Familiarity with Google Suite; shared docs, sheets, and presentation tools
- Experience shaping creative workflows: especially the design and development workflow (you know how it works, who’s involved, when, and why).
- Comfortable digging in to and understanding the technical details of a project, uncovering complex technical requirements and working with the development team to explore and recommend solutions to clients.
- A good understanding of CMS platforms and e-commerce solutions.
- Understanding of SEO fundamentals.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics fundamentals.
Bonus points (not essential)
- PMP Certified
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
- E-commerce experience specifically working in Shopify.
- Experience using Trello to run projects.
- Understanding of Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO) fundamentals.
Perks at iamota
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the iamota team, we offer a competitive compensation package, top-tier benefits and countless perks like extended holidays. No one likes to work on their birthday – at iamota it’s a mandatory day off. As a member of the team, you’ll be working in a casual atmosphere punctuated by Friday summer hours, animated gifs, conversational #hashtags, breakout nerf basketball tournaments, and you’ll be situated in the vibrant neighbourhood of Yaletown.
How to apply
If you think we’re a match, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “Digital Project Manager” and include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted. No recruiters, agencies or phone calls, please.
NOTE: This position is an in-house role in Vancouver, BC. We are not considering remote or outside candidates.