Senior Back-end Web Developer
We’re iamota – an independent Canadian digital agency with a focus on e-commerce.
We help our clients tell their stories and sell their products and services. In the process, we turn our clients’ brands into digital leaders in their respective categories.
We’re on the path to becoming a leading e-commerce agency in North America by building on our portfolio of omni-channel clients with a focus on health and wellness, retail and apparel.
We work with big brands (Kal Tire, London Drugs, Nature’s Path Foods, Sugoi, Alive Publishing Group, Genuine Health, Manitoba Harvest and many others) and have a great time doing it.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We’re looking for a Back-end Web Developer that gets truly excited about writing code and crushes out exceptional work at lightning speed. You should be able to solution independently, but also communicate well within a broader team of strategists, designers, project managers and developers.
We’re seeking a full-time hire, but contractors may apply. No recruiting agencies please.
Who we're looking for
- You love what you do, have opinions, and thrive when faced with technical challenges.
- Have expert level proficiency in PHP and web development.
- Are inspired by the idea of improving upon our custom WordPress-based framework that replaces its traditional “functional development” and theming with a Object-Oriented code and MVC (think Laravel-style code).
- Experience in e-commerce development, preferably with Magento 2, Shopify Plus, Shopify and/or Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Write performance-oriented code that is secure, clean, and built specifically with reuse in mind.
Can help define, teach, and champion coding standards.
- You can independently solve complex development challenges and clearly articulate the pros/cons of the proposed solution.
- If DevOps or “The Cloud” excites you, we’d also love help maintaining and improving our custom AWS hosting infrastructure (maintained entirely “with code” via Chef).
Our Technology Stack
We assess the appropriate stack on a project-by-project basis and would look to you for recommendations, but this is the base stack that you should be comfortable in:
PHP / CMS: WordPress, highly customized as an Object-Oriented MVC application
Ecommerce: Magento 2, integrated to work alongside WordPress in hybrid deployments
Tools: Git, npm, Grunt, Bower, Composer, Codeship (Continuous Integration)
Infrastructure / Hosting: AWS, OpsWorks, Chef, Nginx / Apache, MySQL
JS: ES6, React, jQuery, lodash, Browserify
HTML5 / CSS3: Twig templating, SCSS, BEM style naming conventions
Perks at iamota
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the iamota team, we offer a competitive compensation package, top-tier benefits and countless perks like extended holidays. No one likes to work on their birthday – at iamota it’s a mandatory day off. As a member of the team, you’ll be working in a casual atmosphere punctuated by Friday summer hours, animated gifs, conversational #hashtags, breakout nerf basketball tournaments, and you’ll be situated in the vibrant neighbourhood of Yaletown.
How to Apply
If you think we’re a perfect match, please email firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Your resume
- A cover letter, including reference to a recent technical accomplishment you take pride in
- Link to your portfolio, relevant code samples and/or your Git repository
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted. No recruiters, agencies or phone calls, please.