We’re a design-led digital agency with a focus on e-commerce.
We help our clients tell their stories, sell their products and design their services. In the process, we turn our clients’ brands into digital leaders in their respective categories.
We’re on the path to becoming a leading e-commerce agency in North America by building on our portfolio of omni-channel clients with a focus on health and wellness, retail and apparel.
We work with big brands (Unilever, Kal Tire, London Drugs, Nature’s Path Foods, Sugoi, Alive Publishing Group, Genuine Health, Manitoba Harvest and many others) and have a great time doing it.
What we're looking for
We’re looking for a UX/UI Designer to join us immediately. The UX/UI Designer works collaboratively across project teams consisting of strategy, project management and development to deliver remarkable digital experiences for people across all screens.
Areas of focus
- Craft intuitive website and e-commerce experiences, leveraging UX and UI design systems, components, patterns and standards.
- Produce design deliverables utilizing Sketch, Invision and/or other prototyping tools:
- Detailed site maps, user flows/task flows, user journeys, page flows, paths to purchase, etc.
- Wireframes, annotations, and prototypes that represent design flow and interaction recommendations.
- Detailed visuals / mockups.
- Stay up-to-date on trends, best practices, new advances, and new platforms in the digital product space.
- Pushing boundaries and drive change in design process and approach.
- Ability to think and operate in terms of design systems (think Atomic Design) – be it working from existing design systems, evolving design systems or defining new design systems.
- Experiment with different interaction patterns and flows, from pre-defined components to out-of-the box concepts.
- Collaborate with design and development to ensure design system approach meets end user needs.
- Proven creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to accommodate tight deadlines and solution to constraints (platform and budget related).
- Thorough, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Proven interpersonal skills, client relation skills, and ability to work in and contribute to a positive make-it-happen team environment.
- Can speak to UX & UI design decisions and unveil the ‘why’ behind your work – be it to the internal team and/ or to the client.
- Can lead discussions around your process, explorations, thinking and conclusions.
- Participate in an open, collaborative, and inclusive office environment.
Who we're looking for
- At least 3 years of experience in designing UX & UI for web and mobile.
- At least 2 years experience in the role of user experience designer, experience architect, information architect, interaction designer, or similar role.
- Experience applying research and analysis to design and strategy.
- Experience with: design systems, user-centered design techniques; design sprints & team based concepting.
- You have experience in and a passion for e-commerce (ideally Shopify and Demandware (SFCC))
- High proficiency in using Sketch, InVision, Keynote, Framer or similar design and prototyping tools.
- A solid portfolio of product work that can speak to both your UX and visual design skills.
- You receive feedback well and can iterate on your designs, no matter how attached to them you are.
- You’re not a jerk—please leave your ego at home.
Perks at iamota
In addition to working with the smart and passionate people that make up the iamota team, we offer a competitive compensation package, top-tier benefits and countless perks like extended holidays. No one likes to work on their birthday – at iamota it’s a mandatory day off. As a member of the team, you’ll be working in a casual atmosphere punctuated by Friday summer hours, animated gifs, conversational #hashtags, breakout nerf basketball tournaments, and you’ll be situated in the vibrant neighbourhood of Yaletown.
How to apply
If you think we’re a match, please email email@example.com including:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Link to your portfolio or relevant case studies
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted. No recruiters, agencies or phone calls, please.